Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Clean-up awaits me


Everywhere I look, clean up calls me for my attention. From cleaning the dead stuff from the garden (black plastic) to donning my shorts and diving shoes and then reaching into my purse and opening my checkbook....to watch my son or daughter clean out the frog pond. I'm not going in there! It is a buried satellite dish with rubber roof liner and it is very hard to stand up since it slopes on the sides. Add a little muck and leaves and it is one slippery puppy!
I did get the apple tree pruned - as much as I could reach. My father-in-law always said, "you should be able to throw your hat through the branches" or you didn't prune enough. Might have to get more drastic here.



I did get some UN sewing done. I bought this lavender shirt at a thrift shop this weekend and I don't like the pocket on the sleeve. Off it came. I wonder what folks do that don't sew? In my married lifetime, I have bought more stuff 'for cheap' and redid it somehow, than I can remember.

Today I did our family laundry, mopped the basement floor, picked up quilt blocks laying on the floor waiting to be assembled, hung out a few things on the clothesline, picked up some forgotten clothespins off the ground that went undiscovered last fall and washed them. They're drying in the sun. I swept up a dog or two under the couches and who knows what else? The day is young!
My favorite quote for the last two years is posted on my bulletin board.
"Treat the earth well: It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" a Native American proverb
Remember Earth Day should be Everyday! good day, Patsy

No comments: