Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New/Old finds from the big city





These boots are made for mudd'in and you can see that I already tried them out. They have these at JoAnn's Fabrics. Debbie Mumm boots for $24. I would suggest using your 40% coupons but of course I didn't have one. Still, couldn't resist. I love boots that can slip on and off easy. I plan to use these to run back and forth to the retreat. They also have available some up to the knee boots and lots of colors to choose from. Sizes are Sm, Med, Large. I wear a size 9+ and Mediums fit me snugly but I didn't want them to flop and suck tight in the mud.







I went to a few thrift shops and got the metal case for $1. I will use it to put some antique toys in. I have collected lots and they are falling off my game shelf. The heart was made from a cutter quilt hopefully. It was half off so $2.50 for that. The Quilt is tied and was half off too. I just loved the feed sacks in it. I had never seen some of them before. The back of the quilt was barkcloth curtains. The quilt is very heavy so not sure what is inside. The antique shop had two resident kittys so Maxi is very interested in the quilt as well. I also got a 1950's tiny drop leaf table but Marty needs to fix a hinge on it. Then I will show you.
The bird pictures are for my bedroom remodel someday. Had to get them as I don't run across antique looking bird prints too often.
All for now, Patsy

No comments: