Monday, May 30, 2011

Remember those who gave it all

I'd like everyone to thank a veteran by saying a prayer or just thinking about what OUR freedom feels like. Or what it would be like without it. We get to quilt and shop and probably never look over our shoulders when we come out of our houses. We are so lucky.

I sometimes feel ashamed of all the complaining we do of our leaders and our Veterans. Yes they do things we all don't agree with, but take pause and think what worries women from other countries feel. I am glad to be an American all the time. Thank you for our freedom.
I wish everyone a great Memorial Day today. Remember those who went before us and are still protecting us today.
(Badger Honor flight takes WWII Veterans to Washington DC to the memorials and see the sites. The numbers are dwindling every day. The Veterans are taken there free of charge thanks to donations. Guardian/volunteers may assist but they pay their own way)
A Wisconsin group I helped fund.
I think most other states have their own Honor Flight Programs as well. I think, a great organization.

No comments: