Monday, May 18, 2009

Guild Shop Hop and meeting project




Last Saturday, I had the pleasure to join our Piecemaker's Guild on a Shop Hop to the North.



Our first stop was Quilt Basket N Creations in Viroqua. Very nice shop! Then we headed off toward Cashton which is Amish country. We stopped at and area Gift shop of Amish wares and then off to a gift shop on an Amish farm that had stacks and stacks of hand quilted quilts. ! Then we went to Quilt Corner in Sparta - another great shop. Lunch was at Ginny's Cupboard. I would drive all the way there just to eat again. Loved it. Maybe cuz someone else was cooking. Now I get it! Then off to Quilting Plus Quilt shop in Warrens. Another nice shop! Wish I had gotten more pictures but I thought I'd take a break from that too.



This month's Quilt Guild Project was taught by Judi R. She showed us how to make a shoulder bag from one standard pillow case. What fun. I sewed my wrong so mine has pockets on the outside of the bag - turned out to be a plus, however. Thanks Judi!!

No comments: